Our group ride weekend for 2021 is currently sold-out, however you can still be part of the fun as a Virtual Rider!
A Virtual Rider can be anyone who would like to ride and raise funds for hospice care on Vancouver Island. It's the perfect choice if our group ride is full, if you can't join us because of a scheduling conflict, are too busy to commit to the training required or if you simply aren't a cyclist. No spandex required!
Becoming a Virtual Rider is also a great way to be part of your local hospice team, even if their rider spots are full.
How it Works
- Registration for Virtual Riders is free and gives you access to a personal online fundraising page
- There is no minimum fundraising amount for Virtual Riders
- Virtual Riders do not participate in the ride weekend, next schedule for July 2021. It is up to you to ride at a time and location of your choosing. There is no minimum distance or time requirement. In fact, there is no requirement to ride at all!
- Virtual Riders can have their fundraising directed to any participating hospice of their choice, regardless of whether they join a specific team
- If you are on the waitlist for the group ride weekend, you can join as a Virtual Rider in the meantime.
Virtual Rider Perks
- You'll receive your own customizable fundraising web page and a Participant Centre to track your progress
- You are welcome to participate in any training rides and fundraising events happening in your community.
- Virtual Riders are also eligible for fundraising incentives and prizes!